We had a lovely little plan in place. Sail from Newport back to Pt. Judith Monday;Tuesday morning exchange our loaner outboard for our own outboard; then sail to Block Island to meet up with Nancy and Dave who take the ferry from New London, CT; enjoy Block Island until Friday when Nancy and Dave ferry back to New London and we sail west into LI Sound toward New York City. Perfect!
Ah, but not so fast. Last night’s weather report put the kibosh on sailing to Block Island on Tuesday, and while the weather for a run to Block Island today is, if not good sailing weather, at least benign, we can’t pick up our outboard until tomorrow.
We’ve decided to make the trip back to Pt. Judith today and monitor the situation for tomorrow. We’d like to not have to backtrack to Pt. Judith from Block Island for our outboard, or be stuck somewhere with unfavorable winds without it. We’ll see what happens.